The origin of our company name Metrol is Measure and Control. Since its establishment in 1976, the company has specialized in precision positioning switches.
|Corporate Name||Metrol Co., Ltd.|
|Address||1-100, Takamatsu-cho, Tachikawa, Tokyo 190-0011, Japan
Phone: +81-42-527-3278 (switchboard)/Fax: +81-42-528-1442
|Capital||40 million yen|
|Representative||President and CEO Takuji Matsuhashi|
|Number of employees||96|
manufacture and sales of original precision positioning switches
|Main clients||Toyota Motor Corporation,
Honda Motor Co., Ltd.,
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.,
Yamazaki Mazak Corporation,
Mori Seiki Co., Ltd.,
Okuma Corporation, DENSO Corporation,
Foxconn Electronics Inc. (world's top-class OEM)
|Web sites||http://www.metrol.co.jp/en/ (Corporate site)
http://www.positioning.jp/ (Precision Positioning Improvement Guide)
http://toolsensor.com (Direct marketing site aimed at overseas clients)
Metrol's History of Awards
Metrol has obtained over fifty patents inside and outside Japan.
In addition to the Director General of the Science and Technology Agency Award, the company has been highly regarded by many other public organizations.
- 1994 Received the Tanabe Invention Achievement Award of the 19th Inventor Awards
- 1995 Received the 15th Director General of the Science and Technology Agency Award
- 2005 Received the Shirai Invention Achievement Award of the 30th Inventor Awards
- 2008 Received the 6th Courageous Management Award of Excellence of The Tokyo Chamber Of Commerce and Industry
- 2010 Received the Governor of Tokyo Award of the Creative Talent Cultivation Awards of the Bureau of Industrial and Labor Affairs, Tokyo
- 2010 Received the First Prize of the Tama Blue Award (Technology and Product Division) of Tama-shinkin Bank
- 2012 Received the Excellent Founder Award of The Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun (The Business & Technology Daily News)
- 2012 Received the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award of the Small and Medium Enterprise IT Management Awards of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
Receiving the award at the ceremony from Makiko Tanaka, Director General of the Science and Technology Agency at that time
Receiving the Tama Blue Award at the ceremony from President Sato of Tama-shinkin Bank
Receiving the Courageous Management Award at the ceremony from the then President Yoshino of Honda
- 2007 Selected for the Support Program for the Development of New Markets of the Tokyo Metropolitan Small and Medium Enterprise Support Center
- 2010 Approved as an excellent manufacturer in Tokyo (Tokyo Showcase 2008)
- 2010 Approved as a Core Manufacturing Technology by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
Metrol has been introduced in various media including professional journals and newspapers circulated nationwide.
Story of the establishment of Metrol
In 1976, Metrol was established, aiming at emulating the craftsmanship of Swiss enterprises that, in spite of their small scale, can create world-class products.
Back then, the company was not a switch manufacturer but a small company with only a few employees that engaged in custom design for each client.
Craftsmanship that represents "Made in Japan"
Metrol precision positioning switches are precision mechanical devices.
Like a Swiss mechanical watch, it is assembled from over 7,000 original precision components based on skilled craftsmanship. Over 700 kinds of products are manufactured on the production line, which, though automated, is under the control of responsible individuals.